For the Masses is a 1998 tribute...
For the Masses is a 1998 tribute album to Depeche Mode, specifically the works of Martin Gore. The album charted in America and reached the Top 20 in Germany, making it the most successful Depeche Mode tribute album of all time.
The project was started by the band members of God Lives Underwater, David Reilly in particular, in collaboration with their manager Gary Richards and Philip Blaine of 1500 Records (an A&M Records label until 2001), featuring a wide array of bands including The Cure, Smashing Pumpkins, Deftones, Rammstein, and Meat Beat Manifesto. Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, and Foo Fighters wanted to do tracks but schedule complications prevented them. Manson, who wanted to cover "Personal Jesus," did so for his greatest hits album Lest We Forget: The Best of in 2004.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Depeche Mode - For The Masses (Depeche Mode Tribute) (CD)
Format: Audio CD
01. Never Let Me Down Again THE SMASHING PUMPKINS
02. Fly On The Windscreen GOD LIVES UNDERWATER
03. Enjoy The Silence FAILURE
04. World in my Eyes THE CURE
05. Policy of Truth DISHWALLA
06. Somebody VERUCA SALT
07. Everything Counts MEAT BEAT MANIFESTO
08. Shake The Disease HOOVERPHONIC
09. Master and Servant LOCUST
10. Shame SELF
11. Black Celebration MONSTER MAGNET
12. Waiting For The Night RABBIT IN THE MOON
13. I Feel You APOLLO 440
14. Monument GUS GUS
15. To Have And To Hold DEFTONES
16. Stripped RAMMSTEIN
|Medium type||Audio CD|